my layouts and other work

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"Jelly Doughnuts"

Yesterday while watching tv, one of the characters on Two and a Half Men said "rolling manure in powdered sugar doesn't make it a jelly doughnut!"

I got the BEST KICK out of that. How many times do people often try to give you this particular type of jelly doughnut? I get it often, especially with the men I live with...

Me: Ivan why are your clothes all over the floor but you choose to ignore them?
Ivan: I'll get to them, I didn't know they were there
Me: Sure, that's what you said 2 weeks ago

JELLY DOUGHNUT!!
*********************************************

Evan: Mom, can I go over my friends house?
Me: Did you do the (place any given chore here) that I asked you to do?
Evan: I thought I would do it later.

JELLY DOUGHNUT!!

*********************************************

Kyle: I'm hungry (to nobody in particular, just an observation he is having)
no response from anyone
Kyle: Mom, if I'm hungry aren't YOU supposed to fix me something?!?

JELLY DOUGHNUT!!

**********************************************

Dylan: wofhjaoroejfoafjoeioowjfoj?!?!?!?!?!?!? Shoe.
Me: (In my head...WTF???)

JELLY DOUGHNUT!!!

Not risk your "wholesome" and "pure" image of me, I won't share with you what my final response or action was to above responses.

I am so looking forward to scrapbooking tomorrow. I wasn't able to get it in yesterday evening since a lightening storm came our way and knocked power out until around 12:30 a.m.. This evening I am going to get some other things done around the house and keep myself busy so that I am not tempted to go into my scrap room and doodle around. In tomorrow's class I will be making an acrylic album and can't wait see the results.

I do my best in remembering to relax, relate, and release frustrations as they come while remembering to not take a bite into the JELLY DOUGHNUTS that come my way. You do the same...the taste...EEWWWWWW!!! Definitely doesn't go with a cold glass of milk!

Thanks for reading!!
Smooches!!

1 comment:

Jacki Marie said...

too funny! I call that "sugar poop". No matter how much sugar you try to put on it it's still poop! Sentences that start like " I don't mean to offend you, but...." or "You know I love you, but followed by an insult)..."
I like the way you put this.

Welcome to the blogging world. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work as well.